One of the crucial aspects of planning your journey certainly refers to acquiring information related to a visa issue. That is why it’s good to know that citizens of a large number of countries have the opportunity of getting Indonesian visas (both transit and tourist) once they arrive in Indonesia. This can be done in all of the major airports.
Still, they should have in mind two really important technical rules:
- In most cases, you will not be able to extend your tourist visa.
- You will not be able to convert your tourist visa into any other type of visa.
How to get a tourist visa?
In order to get the Visa for traveling to Indonesia, you have to follow one of the following procedures.
1. Getting visa on arrival
In this case, you require your Visa when you arrive at the Indonesian airport. This procedure is not available if you are planning to stay in Indonesia for a period longer than 30 days. Getting a visa this way costs $35. In order to apply for a visa on arrival, you should have your passport valid at least for 6 months starting from the date you enter Indonesia. It is also obligatory to have your departure ticket which is a proof that you will leave Indonesia.
Note: From October 2015, citizens of 75 countries do not have to possess a visa to enter Indonesia for less than 30 days. These countries are listed in the table below.
Table 1. Countries which don’t need visa
2. Getting Visa before your journey
This option is based on applying for a visa in the office of Indonesian Embassy in your country. To get your visa this way, you should take the application form, fill it and submit it to Indonesian Embassy. Documents which are required for application vary from country to country, but it’s generally required that you:
- fill the application form and bring your passport which should be valid at least for 6 months starting from the date you come to Indonesia (you should show the original passport, not copy).
- provide a copy of your passports main page
- provide two current passport-size photographs taken on white background
- show a copy of your return ticket (with dates of arrival to Indonesia and departure from Indonesia)
- show a copy of the proof that you have booked your accommodation
- pay 40,00€
How to get business / commercial (single entry) visa?
Some of the main documents for getting a business visa to your trip to Indonesia are listed below but notice that different countries may require additional documents. So, you are going to need:
- Completely filled application form which has to be signed on the last page
- Original passport with a minimum validity of 6 months starting from the date of arrival to Indonesia
- A copy of the first page of your passport
- Two current passport-size photos taken on white background
- A copy of ticket and itinerary of flight
- A copy of the proof of the accommodation reservation at least for the first three nights, or sponsor’s letter as a proof provided accommodation while you’re staying in Indonesia.
- Invitation from a certain organization or company situated in Indonesia
- For self-employed people, commercial activities attachment is necessary
- Proof of 40,00 € payment
How to get a sociocultural (single entry) visa?
In order to get this type of visa, you will have to fill and sign the application form and also provide documents such as:
- original passport with minimal validity of 6 months starting from the date of arrival to Indonesia
- two current passport-size photographs taken on white background
- a copy of ticket and itinerary of flight
- a copy of the proof of the accommodation reservation at least for the first three nights, or sponsor’s letter as a proof of provided accommodation while you’re staying in Indonesia.
- Family or social agency invitation letter
- Proof of 40,00 € payment
How to get a one-year lasting multiple entry business / commercial visa?